Keeping you safe - Your New Patient Journey
Your health and wellbeing is our first priority. In visiting our practice, you can rest assured that you will be greeted with our spotlessly clean surgeries and stringent decontamination processes, which have been in place for years. Due to Covid-19, we have put extra measures in place. Here is some useful information about visiting the practice during this time.
Before your appointment
- We are only able to see patients by appointment, so you will need to book in advance by calling us on 020 8950 2985
- We will give you all key information ahead of your appointment
- You will be required to complete a pre-appointment assessment, which our team will talk you through over the phone prior to your appointment
- You will be asked to make payment for your treatment prior to your appointment where possible. If this is impossible for you, our team will be able to advise you on alternatives
- Our team will have daily temperature checks before we start work
On the day
- Ensure you have been to the toilet, are well hydrated and have brushed your teeth before leaving home
- If you can, please try to come to your appointment alone and limit the possessions you bring with you
- Please arrive for your appointment 15 minutes early, and call the practice on 020 8950 2985 to let us know that you have arrived. If you are not arriving by car, or you do not have a mobile phone, then our team will have arranged an alternative with you during the pre-assessment phase
Entering our practice
- We will call you when it is time for your appointment
- We will take your temperature at the door
- We will provide you with a facial covering that you will be required to wear
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands throughout different points of your journey
- We will have distance markers on the floor to ensure safe distancing
- Our practice will be clutter-free with no magazines
- We will ask for payments to be made prior to your appointment where possible
- All treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected between patients
- You will be asked to leave your coat and bag in the area provided
- Our team will be wearing full personal protective equipment (PPE)
A Note about Chaperones
We politely ask that a chaperone attend with a patient, only if absolutely necessary. We do appreciate that some patients may require a chaperone (for example a child attending with their parent or carer, or an individual with a physical or leaning disability).
As far as possible, a chaperone should be from the same household as the patient. If appropriate to do so, chaperones will be asked to leave and wait outside the surgery whilst all procedures are carried out. We understand that this may not always be possible (for example where the patient is a young child or where the patient would be distressed to be left alone). In such cases, team members will pay particular attention to the Faculty of General Practice’s guidance, which advises that ‘there should be an individual case by case risk assessment of whether parents/carers or guardians should be present in the surgery during treatment and make sure that this is done as safely as possible where this is deemed essential’.
Please note, chaperones will be required to complete the same COVID-19 screening questionnaire as the attending patient.
FREE PPE to all patients
Please note that some dental practices may charge patients an additional fee to cover the cost of PPE. We have decided not to charge our loyal returning patients or new patients joining us.